- 500 gms fillet of beef For the marinade
: br /> Salt and pepper to taste 1 tsp rosemary, chopped 1 tsp thyme, chopped 10 ml olive oil 1 tbsp tarragon mustard
For Steamed cabbage and asparagus 1 head savoy cabbage, sliced 1 bunch asparagus, woody ends trimmed Salt and pepper, to taste 15 ml olive oil
- Create a marinade using all the ingredients and rub this on the fillet. Let it sit for at least an hour.
- Heat olive oil in a pan and place fillet in it. Sear the meat well on all sides and set aside.
- In a pot, bring one litre of water to the boil, and reduce heat so that water is simmering.
- Wrap the beef fillet well in plastic cling wrap, and poach it in simmering water for 8-10 minutes for a medium-rare steak.
- Remove and let the fillet rest for 3-4 minutes before slicing.
For Steamed cabbage and asparagus
- Steam or blanch cabbage and asparagus. Strain and toss in olive oil, salt and pepper.
To finish the dish
- Arrange cabbage and asparagus in the middle of the plate.
- Slice beef fillet and arrange on top of the vegetables.
- Serve an additional spoon of tarragon mustard in a ramekin to accompany dish.