Prep time: 45 mins Cooking time: 1 hour
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 turkey drumstick, trimmed as in picture
- 100g : mirepoix (chopped onion, celery and carrots)
- 100ml : chicken stock
- 50g : cannellini beans (white kidney beans)
- 50g : black beans
- 15ml : butter
- 50g : green beans, julienned
- 50g : onion, chopped
- 50g : garlic, chopped
- 2 cherry tomatoes, chopped, to garnish
1. Season drumstick in a hot pan until golden brown. Place in an ovenproof dish with mirepoix and stock. Bake at 165°C for 30 minutes or until tender.
2. Bring 4 cups of salted water to a boil, add cannellini and black beans. Cook until soft, about 25 minutes then drain.
3. In a pan heat butter and sauté green beans, black beans, cannellini beans and onion for 3 minutes. Add garlic, salt and pepper and cook for 2 minutes.
4. To serve, place turkey on a bed of mixed beans, with jus from the pan and sliced cherry tomatoes.