Serves 4 Prep time: 10 mins Cooking time: 20-30 mins
- 800g store-bought prepared tandoori chicken, cut into large pieces
For gravy : /strong>
- 50g butter
- 1 tsp whole spices (a mix of green cardamoms, cloves, peppercorns and a cinnamon stick)
- 1 tsp ginger-garlic paste
- 4-5 green chillies, chopped
- 400g tomato purée
- 1 tsp red chilli powder
- 1/2 tsp each, garam masala powder and powdered dried fenugreek leaves
- salt and sugar, to taste
- 1 cup cream
- chopped coriander and tomato slices, for garnishing
1. To prepare the gravy, heat butter in a large saucepan. Add whole spices and sauté for a minute. Add ginger-garlic paste and green chillies. Cook for two minutes.
2. Add tomato purée, red chilli powder, garam masala powder, salt and one cup of water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 10 minutes. Add sugar and dried fenugreek leaves.
3. Add cooked tandoori chicken pieces, simmer for 5 minutes and then add fresh cream. Garnish with chopped coriander and tomato slices. Serve hot with naan or steamed rice.